MVCS’s Junior High Program is intentionally designed to promote an experience that balances academics, friendships, spiritual growth & service, arts, and athletics as our students transition from their elementary years in preparation for high school, college, and beyond. This is an exciting time as they mature and become more independent. We are purposeful about developing leadership abilities, establishing a firm faith foundation, and advancing higher level thinking and social skills so that, as graduates, they will be ready to meet and exceed the challenges that await them in high school.
- Class Rotations -students rotate between classes and teachers for the core subjects of Math, English, History, Science, Bible, and Spanish. Individual lockers store their books and belongings.
- 1:1 Chromebook Program - every student owns a Chromebook for daily use in and out of class, which promotes 21st century learning and skill development. (High school teachers state that MVCS students enter high school with essential computer skills - from keyboarding to familiarity with commonly used programs - that far exceed most of their peers.)
- Small Class Settings - students flourish in our small class-size settings, taught by teachers who are experts in their subjects, have access to the best 21st century technology available, and enjoy multi-disciplinary, project-based work and experiments that bring subjects to life.
- Wide Ranging Electives – through a host of elective options junior high students discover and explore areas of interest. (Click the link at the bottom of the page for current MVCS Junior High Elective Courses.)
- STEM Learning Lab - affords MVCS junior high students with the opportunity for innovative, real-world, hands-on learning.
- Field Trips / Experiences– numerous junior high field trips / experiences bring relevance to learning and provide enriching opportunities with lasting impacts - the pinnacle of all trips is the 8th Grade Trip to Washington, DC, Pennsylvania, and New York City. This week-long trip has an impact that lasts a life time!
- Athletics – MVCS competes in the PAL league with championship level athletics that promote discipline, teamwork, and sportsmanship in a Christ-honoring manner.
- Future Success - past MVCS junior high graduates have attended a host of different private and public high schools in the area. We are pleased to report that we have a long-standing track record of 100% acceptance at all private high schools. Whether public or private, most of our graduates excel in advanced and honors courses in high school.
We believe that by investing in our young people through active mentoring and discipleship, and providing the opportunity to lead and serve now, enables them to soar and achieve their fullest God-given potentials.
“Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity.” (1 Tim. 4:12)