MVCS is committed to academic excellence and spiritual development -- equally! Both are essential to developing the whole child and preparing successful graduates. With that in mind, we believe the following are vital components of a high quality instructional program:
- Small Class Sizes: No class exceeds 25 students per class and our average class
size is 22:1.
- Challenging Academic Curriculum: MVCS pursues the highest educational standards, complemented by the best curriculum available, and utilizes the most innovative and engaging learning strategies to enable each student to achieve his or her God-given potential in a positive learning environment.
- Credentialed, Godly Teachers: All of our teachers are appropriately qualified with a state credential and/or ACSI certificate. Each teacher is a dedicated follower of Jesus Christ and is passionate about making a difference in students’ lives.
- Biblical Worldview: Instilling a biblical worldview in our students is part and parcel to the academic process. Biblical principles are integrated in each and every subject so that students learn to see the world from God’s perspective.
MVCS purposefully develops key 21st century skills in students for future success:
- Critical Thinking: The ability to comprehend with depth over breadth is vital in true learning. Our teachers focus on developing students' understanding beyond rote memorization and surface level knowledge. It is a vital difference in our approach to education. We are developing problem solvers.
- Communication: The ability to articulate core beliefs and deeper level thinking is a skill that takes practice and training. From grades 1-8 we provide opportunities for our students to learn and grow in their communication ability so that when they leave MVCS they are exceedingly prepared.
- Collaboration: The ability to work in small groups and team environments, sharing ideas, sharpening understanding, and appreciating different perspectives, is a cornerstone of advanced education and the workplace. MVCS routinely provides opportunities for students to engage with their peers and develop these skills, beginning while they are young, preparing them for future collaborative efforts.
- Creativity: The ability to think outside the box is the very essence of innovation. By training the next generation to use their God-given creative abilities, we are unlocking their imagination and inspiration potential. God knows no limits!